Website OXON EPIDEMIOLOGY
We are looking for an experienced Biostatistician to undertake the analysis of pharmacoepidemiological studies of medical real-world data.
Might you like to analyse a range of different epidemiological study types from field, database and hybrid observational studies and small descriptive to multi-dimensional ´big data´, pragmatic trials and meta-analysis?
If you are curious, like problem-solving, learning new methods and are looking to make an impact in a growing company and help to shape its growth, this is the place to be. In OXON you can further your career in a dynamic, fast-paced, friendly, learning environment, be innovative and make an impact.
MAIN DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
The main responsibility will be the analysis of pharmacoepidemiological field and database studies. Specifically, this will require the post holder to:
- Design analyses
- Estimate sample sizes
- Write Statistical Analysis Plans
- Create data specification documentation to facilitate data management and statistical analysis
- Review Data Management Plans
- Participate in data cleaning activities and liaise with data managers
- Perform statistical analysis
- Conduct statistical modelling of large and complex multidimensional datasets
- Participate in the development and implementation of new methodological approaches for pharmacoepidemiology, including AI and machine learning.
- Collaborate with other OXON team members: clinicians, epidemiologists, clinical researchers, operations, pharmacovigilance, data management and software programmers
- BSc, MSc or PhD degree in statistics or other disciplines requiring data analysis.
- Knowledge of epidemiology (study designs, measures, and techniques)
- Proficiency in analysis of health-related data
- Knowledge of one or more relevant analysis packages: SAS, STATA, R, etc.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task efficiently
- Excellent organizational skills
- Commitment to working collaboratively and effectively
- Flexibility and a willingness to respond to the needs of the work
- Fluency in written English
- Experience of analysis of ´big data´ or machine learning an advantage, but not essential
The post holder will join the Real-World Study Solutions team and will report to the Director of Data Analytics at OXON.
Our ethos is to encourage original scientific thought and innovation so that projects benefit from the best design and execution. Thus, the post holder will have opportunities to participate in OXON´s research projects, and developments with academic groups, while respecting the priority of client work. We have an exciting programme of research in COVID-19 with leading academic institutes in Madrid and London.
- Full-time or part-time, permanent contract
- Flexibly office and/or home based
- Flexible timetable
- A competitive salary according to experience
- Bonus scheme
- Health insurance
- Lunch vouchers
- Opportunities for career development and training
- Opportunities to participate in academic research
- An international working environment, working on international studies
- Attendance at international conferences to present work
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.