From 5:00pm until 6:00pm
FREE LIVE MASTERCLASS
by OXON EPIDEMIOLOGY
RWE STUDIES & TRIALS FREE LIVE MASTERCLASS SERIES 2021
Session 2 - The Tyranny of Propensity Scores: The Good and The Bad
Almost every non-randomized comparative study is expected to consider analysis using propensity scores. However, are they always the best solution to address selection bias? In what circumstances are certain propensity scores techniques better than others?
April 21, 2021 at 5pm CET | 4pm UK | 11am EDT | 8am PST
- Propensity scores will be introduced and explained in a non-technical way.
- Various techniques based on propensity scores will be described.
- The performance of the various techniques will be illustrated with case studies and compared with covariate adjustment.
- Limitations of propensity scores techniques will be discussed.
- Guidance for which methods to use and avoid in various scenarios will be provided.
- Examples of propensity scores methods used in COVID-19 treatment studies will be illustrated from a real-time systematic review.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This Masterclass series is intended for a wide audience including: Epidemiology, HEOR, Safety, Statistics, Medical Affairs, Market Access, Marketing, Project Management and Outsourcing professionals in biopharmaceutical and device companies*.
*Due to the proprietary nature of the content, all registrations are at the discretion of OXON EPIDEMIOLOGY.