Real-World Evidence & Trials
Free Masterclass Live Series 2021
Join our masterclass series to learn about perspectives on real-world evidence studies from a trialist / statistician and epidemiologist / clinician, explained in clear non-technical terms and illustrated with examples from drugs and devices in multiple therapy areas.
Take a look at the different sessions
Don’t miss out on your chance to learn from a leading expert and register for any or all masterclasses below.
Let us know if you cannot attend any live session and we can discuss alternative arrangements.
|RWE Studies & Trials | Free Masterclass Series 2021: Live Session 4 - Individualizing Benefit-Risk SESSION 4: INDIVIDUALIZING BENEFIT-RISK |
Conventional methods of benefit-risk overly focus on overall results; subgroups have limitations, and the relative importance of events may not be considered. Individualizing benefit-risk more precisely would benefit identification of patients for treatment and help eligibility for future trials and RWE studies.
• A new method of individualising benefit-risk will be introduced and explained.
• Case studies will show its application from trials.
• Limitations will be outlined.
• Applicability to observational studies will be provided.
• How this method sits with current benefit-risk models used by regulators and reimbursement agencies.
• Benefits of this new method for Clinical Development, Value, Market Access, guidelines and patient management.
Stuart Pocock, Professor of Medical Statistics, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Author of more than 500 papers, including 70+NEJM/Lancets, mainly of clinical trials and epidemiology; extensive experience of EMA/FDA and Data Monitoring Committee (including the Covid-19 adaptive platform DISCOVERY trial)
Nawab Qizilbash, Senior Clinical Epidemiologist, OXON Epidemiology
Honorary Associate Professor in Pharmacoepidemiology, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine and Clinical Observer, Internal Medicine, Madrid Hospitals.
Formerly: Director, Clinical Epidemiology, GSK and Honorary Consultant Physician, Radcliffe Hospitals, Oxford
June 16, 2021 at 5pm CET | 4pm UK | 11am EDT | 8am PST
Chair: Dr Nawab Qizilbash, Senior Clinical Epidemiologist, OXON and Honorary Associate Professor, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine:
- Welcome and introductions (5 minutes)
Key Speaker: Stuart Pocock
- Programme: (45 minutes)
- Q&A session (10 minutes)
- We will be using GoToWebinar.
- You can join our session by using a Mac, PC or a mobile device.
|16 Jun, 2021||17:00 CEST||1 hour||Register|